Issue #106 September 2011
Poly Bagged FREE with DSPORT DVD #20
Test and Tune: 2010 Mitsubishi Lancer Ralliart
· Sustina 5w30 Oil / K&N Filter, AMS Boost Pill / Cobb Accessport / AMS Map, AMS Intake / AMS Small Battery Kit, AMS Twin Tip Cat Back Exhaust, AMS Intercooler / Upper Pipe Kit, AMS High Flow Catalytic Converter
· Dyno Testing and our impressions
Test and Tune: 2010 Nissan 370Z
· Royal Purple HPS 5w30 / Royal Purple Oil Filter, Magnaflow Dual Split Rear Exit Exhaust, Berk Technology High Flow Cats
· Dyno Testing and our impressions
Quick Test: Hushmat Ultra and Silencer Megabond
· Addressing the sound damping possibilities within your vehicles canbin can deliver big dividends. With the application of the right products, more noise and heat is kept out to provide a quieter and cooler passenger compartment.
DSPORT s SPL (Sonic Performance Lab): DSPORT s Support truck gets some tunes
· In our quest to travel more and attend more events, we decided to give our Dodge Ram 3500 an audio makeover. Follow this article to see what steps we took and what we did to turn our truck into a musical symphony.
First Date with Ashley Vee:
· This bay area superstar fills us in on what it s like to juggle school, work, modeling, traveling, and running a monthly drift event at Sonoma Raceway.
Hill Climb Hero: Monster Tajima s Pike s Peak Record Setting Suzuki Sport SX4
· 897whp, 655lb-ft
· This 2011 Suzuki SX-4 piloted by Monster Tajima is the first vehicle in history to ever break the ten minute mark on the daunting Pike s Peak. With engineering marvels implemented into this vehicle, take a look inside to the technology used on this record setting Suzuki.
Turbocharged K-Series 1993 Honda Civic DX Aim s for the 8 s
· 786whp, 504lb-ft
· With attention to detail and a combination of the right parts, this K-series drag EG utilizes the proper engineering to potentially run into the 8 s.
10 Second Daily Driver 2006 Subaru Impreza STI
· 457whp, 428.8lb-ft
· Even before making his purchase, Hochman decided that the STi would serve double duty as both his 100 percent streetable daily driver and street class dominator at the drag strip.
2011 SPARCO Scion Rally xD
· 161.5whp, 183.4lb-ft
· Turning the unproven Scion xD chassis into a competitive rally car proved a possible task with this hand assembled team of dedicated members
BLOX Open House 2011
· Do you have a friend that throws one epic party every year and continues to raise the bar every time? Well Northern California automotive enthusiasts have a friend like that and that party is the BLOX Open House. DSPORT also held one of our ever so popular model searches sponsored by KONIG wheels, browse the coverage to take a peek at the entries.
Motovicity Distribution / IDRC Sport Compact Nationals Presented by Buschur Racing
· With a field full of single digit potential cars, Norwalk Raceway proved a valid stomping ground for the return of the IDRC to Ohio.
IDRC Street Tuner Mayhem Presented by Motovicity Distribution
· Nestled among a series of hills just outside Denver lays one of the finest drag strips in America. The IDRC returned to Bandimere Speedway for the first time since 2003 for the IDRC Street Tuner Mayhem event presented by Motovicity Distribution on June 5th, 2011.
Formula Drift Round 3: Palm Beach, FL
· Lightning fast triple digit entry speeds marked the highlight of the fast and highly technical course at Florida s Palm Beach International Raceway, the host track of Round 3 of the Formula Drift Championship series.
Formula Drift Round 4: Wall, NJ
· Freak rainstorms, 30 degree banked walls and a lead footed drifter sliding inches away from your door; these are the conditions that faced Formula D competitors at the fourth stop of the Formula D