Issue #120 October 2012
Poly Bagged FREE with DSPORT DVD #27
AITF 12: Modern Automotive Performance EF4
· The EVO 8 and 9 platforms are proven performers, even with factory turbochargers. By modifying the existing turbocharger to its own proprietary specifications, MAP has the ability to offer what it claims is the most horsepower from a similarly-configured, direct bolt-in turbocharger.
D GARAGE: 2011 Mitsubishi EVO X Rebooting our 4B11T-Powered Track Attacker
· After the 4B11T suffered from destruction in cylinders one and four, the DSPORT project EVO has now been rescued from its early retirement and is back on track, literally.
QUICK TECH: Lock-In-Tool Pin Lock Installer
· There s no reason to use your bare hands or fingers to install certain items in your car or engine. If you re planning an engine rebuild, you can reduce the possibility of destroying either your pistons or your fingers by using a Lock-In tool pin lock installer.
First Date: Adriana Leonard
· This part Lebanese beauty has been living the Hollywood dream, working with the likes of Disney, ABC, the CW and now DSPORT. All of this in only 14 months away from her hometown of Myrtle Beach, South Carolina.
Cover: The Hammer s New Handle, 2013 Toyota GT86
· 661hp, 643lb-ft
· This Rocket Bunny body equipped 2JZ-GTE powered FT86 slides into action after being put together inside drifter Fredric Aasbo s garage with the help of friends and family. An impressive roster of sponsors and partners carrying out various parts of the project are what made this build possible.
Skyline of New York: 1993 Nissan Skyline R32 GT-R
· 535whp, 393lb-ft
· The search was on for Nat Insumran to source a GT-R for purchase, after having one sold under his nose, he didn t give up and finally got his own. After owning the R32 for a decade, Nat has decided that this project has reached its build objective.
Sin City Supra: 1993 Toyota Supra
· 801.8whp, 715.4lb-ft
· While building any block Supra to deliver 800 wheel horsepower involves some degree of gamble, Bryanna had a plan to put the odds in her favor.
BLOX 3rd Annual Open House: Hella Things to do in Northern California When It s Hot
· Technically a car show with over 460 vehicles in competition, 50 vendors, plenty of food trucks, and of course trophies and models. It was just another day to enjoy music, food, cars, and girls.
M.A.P Proving Grounds 2012: Import Performance Rocks On In Brainerd, Minnesota
· Minnesota doesn t have an established reputation for import performance. We prepared for the worst and expected to see an event with few spectators and even fewer participants. The event actually turned out to be a great success and Project Coordinator Jeren Walker explained it as the automotive equivalent of the Coachella Music Festival.
Formula D Round 4: The Gauntlet New Jersey
· Heat, humidity, and scattered showers did little to stop the drifting action at the fourth stop of the 2012 Formula Drift Championship. With more than half of the season over and three events remaining, the pressure is on to capture every possible point.