Issue #116 June 2012 Double Tech Edition
Poly Bagged FREE with DSPORT DVD #25
AITF 2012: Forced Performance HTA Series Turbochargers
· Green 73HTA / Red 74HTA / Black 82HTA
· This series of turbochargers pushes the performance envelope while maintaining its deceptively small stock-appearing footprint.
CODE BREAKERS: Haltech Platinum Pro Engine Management Solutions
· HT055047 / HT055048 / HT055050 / HT055045 / HT055064 / HT055007 / HT055014 / HT055012 / HT055001 / HT055006
· If you are in the market for a plug-and-play engine management solution that will help you get your project up and running safely in the least amount of time, a Haltech Platinum Pro series ECU may be just what you are looking for.
First Drive: 2013 Subaru BRZ There s a Place in France where the BRZs Danced
· Although the Subaru BRZ and Scion FR-S are made from the same secret recipe of 11 herbs and spices, they are different enough to appeal to different tastes. Quite simply, the BRZ will offer higher-end amenities versus the FR-S at a slightly higher price.
Test & Tune: 2012 Mazda MX-5 GT More Zoom-Zoom for Mazda s roadster
· ENEOS 0W-20 Motor Oil / K&N Oil Filter / Racing Beat Cold Force Intake Kit/ Racing Beat Power Pulse Muffler / Racing Beat Race Connecting Pipe with Pre-Silencer
· All told, the installation of the parts amounted to half a day of work, power increased almost four percent, and a flatter torque curve that peaks at just over 140 lb-ft.
Second Date: Dannie Riel Catching up to the Winnipeg Wonder Kid
· Since Dannie first appeared in DSPORT Magazine #51, she has continued modeling and even singing and acting. We caught up with the Winnipeg wonder to get the Riel scoop on Dannie.
COVER: 2008 Subaru WRX STi School Of Hard Knocks
· 565whp, 500lb-ft
· Paul Nardi was looking to give his daily-driven STi a little more power and better handling. However, the road to performance isn t always as smooth as new pavement.
2003 Nissan 350Z Saving Silverstein
· 450whp, 428lb-ft
· Ron Silverstein has created his perfect Z, a car that makes big power reliably and can defeat any car this side of a GT-R or ZR1.
2011 Toyota Mark X Big On The Grid
· 950hp, 615lb-ft
· Kuniaki Takahashi was already among the few competing in the D1GP with a sedan, his JZX100 Chaser. He decided to retire the old Chaser and switch things up with a new platform. Takahashi felt that the mid-sized Toyota Mark X was the chassis that would set him apart from the growing number for drift sedans.
2009 Nissan GT-R RH8 Club: SP Engineering/Greddy R35
· 1,185.1hp, 976.8lb-ft
· In April 2010, his GT-R became the second documented R35 to cross into single-digit territory. Low 9-second timeslips were a reality and the 8-second barrier was in reach. Hing Yim wanted more, so SP Engineering went to work on creating a streetable monster VR38 powerplant that could consistently and reliably propel the car into RH8 status.
2009 Nissan GT-R RH8 Club: AMS Alpha Omega GT-R
· 1,400whp, 1,100lb-ft
· AMS had only one goal in mind when it received its R35 platform; to develop a parts and service package that would deliver quadruple-digit horsepower numbers reliably. The Omega package starts with a balanced and blueprinted VR38 race engine that s been bored and stroked out to 4.0-liters. A pair of custom CNC-machine-ported cylinder hears sit atop the built block and house a complete AMS Performance valvetrain upgrade.
Formula D: RD 1 Long Beach
· Drop the Flag, Drop the Hammer and Slide Into 2012
· The opening of the 2012 season brought a number of changes with it. Drivers played musical chairs, absent teams returned and new teams were formed.
Scion Racing 2012 Release Party To Live and Drive in L.A.
· March 29th, 2012 There is no better way to kick off a new motorsports season then to showcase racecars on the side of a busy Los Angeles street. With a new platform and new teams, Scion Racing stepped up to the plate to present its 2012 Formula Drift entries at the Far East Café near downtown Los Angeles