Issue #119 September 2012
10th Anniversary Collector s Edition
QUICK TECH: AEM Wideband FAILSAFE
- Serious Engine Performance Requires Serious Engine Protection
- With the FAILSAFE gauge, tuners and end-users can have an extra line of defense against potentially-engine-dampening lean-fuel conditions. When everything is in order, it still serves as a capable and usable boost and A/F ratio display.
SECOND DRIVE: 2013 Subaru BRZ
- Rally Champ and TT-course Record Holder Leads the Way in the Isle of Man
- Our previous driving experience with the BRZ centered on public roads and rally courses, finally being able to drive the BRZ at speed on a true race surface didn t disappoint us.
DSPORT FEATURE / COVER CAR INDEX
- 225,000+ WHP of Wild Cover Cars and Fierce Feature Cars
- Whether it s the fastest, quickest or most powerful car of its kind, having graced the pages of DSPORT Magazine ensures that the build is only of the most superlative caliber. This index of every Cover and Feature car presented in the past decade is here to inspire you.
PRODUCT DYNO TESTING INDEX
- 270+ Tests, 2,673 Dyno Proven Horsepower Gained
- Here we ve assembled the gamut of products that we have put to the ultimate test, the industry-standard measurement of horsepower and torque; the dyno.
THIRD DATE: Lisa Kim Fleming
- Billboards, Commercials, Shows, and Three Visits with DSPORT
- Lisa is not your typical model - it only made sense that for our landmark issue, we would not only put a smoking hot chick on the cover but also one that s a staple from our scene that readers could probably relate to more than they already know.
COVER CAR: Nissan GT-R Ultimate Street Edition
- Switzer s Program to Transfrom Supercar to Hypercar
- If you have a couple million dollars to spend, you can simply order a turnkey hypercar in the form of a Koenigsegg Agera R or Bugatti Veyron Super Sport and call it a day. If you don t have that bankroll, the SPI Ultimate Streetcar Edition GT-R provides one way to get hypercar performance from a supercar at just a fraction of the price.
THEN VERSUS NOW: A decade Of Import Performance Tuning in Review
- The performance bar continues to be raised year after year. However, it s always important to remember where you came from. So let s take a look back at 2002 and see how it compares to today.
10 BEST ENGINES: Inside The Engines That Powered An Industry
- The best from Honda, Nissan, Mitsubishi, Toyota, Mazda and Subaru
5 WORST ENGINES: Overhyped and Underengineered
- The worst from Mitsubishi, Toyota, Nissan, Honda, and Mazda
SEXY ASIAN SCIENCE: What s the Magic Formula behind DSPORT Models?
- Which Models Would Kick Your Ass?
- Who s Got Mad Skills?
- Range and Average Height/Weight/Specs
- What s Your Sign? Zodiac Break Downs
- Oh Canada s Best
10 MOST POWERFUL DSPORT FEATURE CARS
- A look at 14,000 WHP in machinery and the 1KWHP Club
10 TOP TUNERS OF THE DSPORT DECADE
- The Past Decade As Represented By The Tuners That Lived It
- These import performance pioneers have persevered some of the most challenging times in the history of our industry. Meet the Top Ten Tuners Of The Last Ten Years
IDRC STREET TUNER MAYHEM Presented by Motovicity Distribution
- Who s Going to Join the Mile-High 10-second Club?
- This year, nearly 250 racers, 100 car show participants and 2,500 spectators were on hand.
FORMULA D Round 3: Hurricanes Can t Stop The Tire Smoke At West Palm Beach
- As Hurricane Beryl headed north to Georgia, its tail end threatened West Palm Beach with scattered showers and thunderstorms. However, these acts of nature did little to thwart the droves of fanatics and the competitors attending the third round of the 2012 Formula Drift Championship.