Issue #118 August 2012
Poly Bagged FREE with DVD #26
SPEED SHOP: R35 GT-R Turbo Upgrades
· AAM GT900R, AMS ALPHA 9, BOOST LOGIC, GReddy TD06-20G, HKS GT800, JUN AUTO, SP Engineering SPE1000R
· Since the factory turbochargers have ultimately become a block to performance above the 600 flywheel horsepower level, aftermaket turbochargers are a popular upgrade for the serious enthusiast.
ALL IN THE FAMILY 2012: Blouch Dominator 1.5 XT-R and XT-R Twin Scroll
· Dominator 1.5XT-R, Dominator 1.5XT-R Twin Scroll
· Blouch Performance Turbo's Dominator XT-R series combines billet compressor wheel and ceramic ball-bearing center cartridge performance with the installation ease of a drop-in factory-style turbocharger.
CODE BREAKERS: ProEFI Pro128 and Pro48 Standalones
· Pro48 and Pro128 ECU
· As engine management features evolve and include a wider variety of tuning strategies and controls, ProEFI adapts to the ever-changing standalone enviroment to stay ahead of the competition.
CLICKS N' TRICKS - Giving Movement To a Static Image
· Lighting, Location, Lens, Camera settings, Technique
· Practicing the pan shot will prepare you for most of the common automotive action shots, proper execution of these techniques will produce action photos that will move even casual observers.
TEST & TUNE: 2011 Mitsubishi EVO X GSR Part 2
· Cosworth intercooler kit + pipe kit, Tomei Powered downpipe
· The installation created a powerband that offered an overall peak increase of 9 horsepower while generating an additional 38 lb-ft of torque. These peak numbers were achieved without raising the maximum boost level.
First Drive: 2013 Nissan GT-R
· Media and GT-R Owners Get a Red Carpet Experience
· When we received the invite to attend the 2013 GT-R Experience at Mazda Raceway Laguna Seca, we drooled over the itinerary. Not only would we be flogging both 2012 and 2013 Nissan GT-Rs on the world-famous Laguna Seca raceway, we d also be receiving personalized instruction from the Skip Barber School on how to master this historic course.
Second Drive: 2013 Scion FR-S
· From the Raceway to the Freeway. More FR-S Driving
· With more time to drive it on the street, we get an impression on how it performs day-to-day, and of course more track time.
Second Date: Elissa Alva
· Catching Up With Sacramento s Smoothest Criminal (Analyst)
· Elissa Alva is the only cover model to appear on three DSPORT covers, two DSPORT calendars and two DSPORT DVDs. We managed to pull her away from modeling, school and family time long enough to get a few answers to some probing questions.
COVER: 1993 Toyota Supra Supra-Natural Talent
· 1,141whp, 831lb-ft
· Tyler Pflanz who owns this Supra enjoys clearing the quarter mile in 9.89 seconds at 154mph, owning a vehicle that produces over 1,100 horsepower, and placing at nearly every show that it s entered into.
1993 Nissan Skyline GT-R Slick Silver Slammer
· 673.8whp, 952.9lb-ft
· A far off land called Australia is home to more than its fair share of R32 Skyline GT-Rs. Some are driven on Australian streets as exotic sportscars, others are subject to a barrage of modifications in the name of straight-line drag-racing performance. Paul Diemer prefers the latter and attempts to build his GT-R to gain access to club RH-9.
2001 Mitsubishi Evolution VII RS-II Home Brewed Brawler
· 389whp, 404lb-ft
· When Daniel O-Donnell was first exposed to time trial competition, he was instantly hooked but his daily-driven EM1 Honda Civic Si and supercharged BMW M3 would require more than he could justify or afford to be a competitive racer.
1998 Mitsubishi Eclipse GSX 96-Hour Eclipse
· 588whp, 482lb-ft
· From bare shell to the baddest 2G Eclipse around in just four days; that was the goal facing Edward Deiure that he had neither planned nor prepared for.
Formula D Atlanta, Round 2: Smoke Plumes Rise At Road Atlanta
· Is this the last Formula Drift event in Atlanta? Just days before the ninth event at Road Atlanta in Braselton, the Atlanta city council voted to ban drifting within 1,000 yards of a residentially zoned property.
IDRC Season Opens in Norwalk
· Despite the negative weather forecasts, a number of die-hard racers did make it to the track. One particular hope was to see if the Buschur Racing demo car would be making any passes with its 4-speed clutchless transmission.