Issue #117 July 2012
Poly Bagged FREE with Motorsport Suspension Guide
AITF 2012: Precision Turbo & Engineering PT6466 CEA
· T3, V-Band, T4, T4 Divided, Buick GNX, GMC Syclone/Typhoon
· Combines the latest lightweight compressor wheel technology, ceramic ball-bearing center housings and ported compressor covers to efficiently squeeze big power numbers from smaller sized turbos.
CODE BREAKERS: Vi-PEC Engine Management Systems
· V88, V44, Plugin
· Vi-PEC has a box to fit most options and parameter requirements of today s popular platforms. The built-in QuickTune feature can speed up initial setup and tuning time, saving money on hourly tuning rates.
D GARAGE: 2010 Mitsubishi Lancer Ralliart
· Eibach Pro-Kit springs, Whiteline sway bars, Enkei Raijin 18x8, Nitto Motivo 225/45R18, NRG Innovations extended lug nuts
· Our Ralliart aims for higher aspirations involving cliff-hanging twists and turns and a whole lot of snow, wheel and suspension upgrades aid the way.
Test & Tune: 2011 Subaru STi Part 1
· Royal Purple XPR 5W30 Motor Oil, NGK Iridium Spark Plugs #LFR7AIX (One step colder), Crawford Performance Air/Oil Separator, COBB AccessPORT
· We were able to massage an additional 34.5 WHP from the stock EJ257 engine. The parts installed serve as keys to unlock engine potential that s toned down by factory settings. They also provide a level of security for engine longevity.
First Date: Jayne Chen
· International Cover Model Takes The Jet Stream to the Mainstream
· We put her training regimen up against ours to see who comes up with the better six-pack abs.
COVER: 2006 Mitsubishi EVO 9 Extreme Evolution
· Is it possible to overbuild a car? Some think so, but Insane Speed and its machine shop Insane Power of Las Vegas, Nevada have redefined vehicle building to the extreme with their latest creation.
1986 Toyota Corolla GTS Gunning For Goliath
· 506whp, 481lb-ft
· With almost half of the professional field in the formula Drift series running domestic big-block powerplants in Japanese-manufactured chassis, some contend that import performance has lost its way. Formula Drift driver Taka Aono examined 4-cylinder options from Honda and Nissan before deciding to keep it in the family on his AE86 Corolla.
Nissan Silvia S14 The Green Scalpel
· 450hp (Estimated), 290lb-ft (Estimated)
· D1GP competitor Takahiro Ueno prefers to sharpen his skills and perfect new techniques in something a little more reasonable than his D1 machine, a brutal 800-HP 2JZ-powered BMW 3-series. The agile Vertex S14 serves as the perfect practice machine for D1 surgery, allowing Ueno to develop new techniques and push his angles.
Sport Compact Drag Racing: Sacramento Raceway
· March 11, 2012
· Hundreds of racers made their way to the first Northern California drag racing event of the season. The competition was fierce and undeterred by the prospect of rain.
Tuner Galleria 3 & Chicago World of Wheels: Showing Off In Chi-Town
· Hot models and heavy metal thunder took over the Windy City as the third annual Tuner Galleria and World of Wheels car show and event returned to Chicago s Donald E. Stephens Convention Center.