Issue #111 January 2012
Poly Bagged FREE with DSPORT 2012 Model Calendar
Quick Test: TRD Short Shifter for 2011+ Scion tC
· Shortening the engagement distance or throw of your shifter can help you realize more accurate shifts which could translate into faster elapsed times and avoidance of bend valves from over-revving.
D GARAGE: KA24 vs SR23
· There has been both progress and setbacks as Jeren and Richard continue their builds. Here is the latest news from both camps as they move closer to the final competition.
Quick Tech: AEM 4-Channel Controller
· Since the air and fuel going into each cylinder takes a different path, it makes sense that the amount of air and fuel that makes its way into each cylinder is a bit different.
Test & Tune: 2012 Scion tC, Part 1
· ENEOS 0W20 / Toyota Oil Filter / TRD Cold Air Intake / Greddy RS Exhaust
· Dyno Testing and our impressions
First Date: Kellene Chun High Five for this Hawaii Five-Oh!
· This 2011 DSPORT Model Search Winner comes to us all the way from Hawaii. Kellene Chun is a swimwear model and tv show extra by day, and a bartender by night.
COVER: Javier Loarca s 1993 Honda Civic Learning Curve
· 1,125whp, 725lb-ft
· After racing in pro-class for a number of years with an all-motor B-series, building a turbocharged K series was a challenge Javier looked forward to.
Full Tilt: 2006 Mitsubishi Evolution IX MR
· 632whp, 591lb-ft
· Whit Staples always had an interest in performance motorsports. After crashing and totaling his first IX MR, he bought a shell, brought both to Atlantic Motorsports and swapped over everything to make his next EVO IX.
Built to S.P.E.C. 1995 Nissan 240sx
· 619whp, 449lb-ft
· David Norton of S.P.E.C. Clutches bought his 240sx in 2002, and focused on building it as street driven sleeper that could be taken to the drag strip. Now in 2012, his focus has changed and the car sees modifications suited for road racing and time attack.
SEMA: 2011 The Parts, The Cars and The Girls
· Drawing over 100,000 attendees from around the world, thousands of manufacturers and vendors displayed the latest in automotive aftermarket technology.
Subiefest 2011: The Annual Boxer Rebellion Hits the Fairplex in Pomona
· Boxer engines, bad-ass booths and babes; three phrases that sum up the extravaganza that celebrates all things Subaru known as Subiefest.
2011 IDRC International Finals: IDRC Comes To A Close in Fontana
· Blazing trap speeds and scorching ETs highlighted the season finale of import drag racing at Auto Club Dragway on October 16, 2011.