Disclaimer: Please note if you have preference of cover A or B. Though depending on inventory this is not guaranteed.
Issue #109 November 2011
Poly Bagged FREE with DSPORT DVD #21
Speed Shop: OBDII-port Electronics
· Innovate Motorsports OT-2 / PLX Devices Kiwi / Spark Tech Ignition Systems Blutooth OBD II Diagnostic Dongle / UPREV, LLC CIPHER / COBB TUNING AccessPort / Hondata FlashPro / DynoJet Engineering / ACTRON CP9580 / ARK Design MultiFunction Dash 2 / AUTERRA DashDyno SPD / BLITZ TOUGH B.R.A.I.N. / BROCKWAY ENGINEERING D-GAUGE / GREDDY Informeter Touch / HKS CAMP2 / RACEPAK Data Systems OBD2 V-Net Interface / RLC Racing Enterprises Inc. DACX-OBD-II & DACX-221-OBD-II / TESLA ELECTRONICS EGS OBDII-Module
· The volume and quality of information sent through the most current OBD-II system has increased to the point where external or additional sensors may not be needed.
Quick Tech: AEM Fail-Safe
· Over the years, there have been plenty of reasons to love and hate water-injection systems. Fortunately, technology continues to forge ahead.
Test & Tune: 2010 Hyundai Genesis 2.0T
· AEM Induction Intake System / AEM Induction Intercooler Kit / AEM Exhaust System / DynoJet CMD
* Dyno Testing and our impressions
Quick Tech: Paint Chip Repair
· No matter how hard to try to avoid it, there s going to be an incident that causes a paint chip on your vehicle. While it sucks to get that scratch, nick or chip, you can feel a lot better about it knowing there s a simple solution.
D GARAGE: 2012 Nissan GT-R
· Our target is to take 200 pounds out of the vehicle without sacrificing the driving experience. While this sounds simple enough, it will likely prove to be an expensive and challenging endeavor.
First Date: Danielle Lo
· From model to cosmetologist to business marketing guru, Danielle not only wants to travel the world but wants to take it over as well.
Cover Car: 2005 Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution VIII RS Repeat Offender
· 637whp, 588lb-ft
· Ben Denkers is fanatical when it comes to his Mitsubishis. He had already owned, totaled or sold three different Evolutions before finally selecting this EVO VIII RS.
Peer Pressure: 2007 Subaru Impreza STi
· 642.1whp, 481.9 lb-ft
· For Scott Franischetti, a veteran of the muscle car and domestic scene, there was something about Subaru s Impreza STi that he found alluring.
Forsaking Ford: 2003 Nissan 350Z
· Converting a loyalist from one brand to another requires compelling reasons. In the case of Ford-fanatic Brandon Vidmar, selling his Mustang Cobra was an attempt at embracing his encroaching maturity.
Mile-High Madness: 2000 Honda Civic SI
· 971whp, 606lb-ft
· Elevation can be a performance killer. For a racecar, it means a harder time making horsepower. For former San Diego resident Sam Park, high elevation challenged him to build a Civic that could make its own atmosphere.
World Time Attack: Sydney, Australia
· Thanks to the passion and fiercely competitive spirits of every team in attendance, no one could be disappointed by the outcome of the weekend.
Buschur Racing DSM/EVO Shootout: The Greatest Mitsubishi Racing Event Gets Better
· Held one weekend per year in the village of Wakeman, Ohio, the DSM/EVO Shootout has become the single largest Mitsubishi racing event in the world.
Formula D Round 6: Las Vegas, Nevada Torching Tires At Twilight
· Unlike some of the East Coast venues, the Las Vegas track is completely flat. It s also held at night to give spectators, drivers and teams a respite from the searing summer heat of Nevada and to provide an exciting smoke and lights aspect to the sport of drifting.
SPOCOM: Anaheim, CA The Tuner Show For The Masses Invades Orange County
· SPOCOM s first time at the Anaheim Convention Center. Over 200,000 square-feet of exhibition hall were packed from end-to-end as 8,000 attendees checked out the latest sport-compact builds.